About the project
AVRS is an open-source hard real-time acoustic virtual reality system written in C/C++. It was developed in the Centre for Research and Transfer in Acoustics (CINTRA), Unit Associated to CONICET, of National Tecnological University, Cordoba Regional Faculty, Argentina.
AVRS performs spatial 3D-sound processing allowing the arbitrary placement of sound source in auditory space. The main goal is to develop a genuine experimental flexible platform, that runs on a general-purpose computer architecture (standard hardware and software).
It could have multiple uses, such as:
- acoustic room design,
- flight simulators,
- human-computer interface,
- research in auditory perception,
The project was started with the PhD thesis (in Spanish), entitled "A real-time virtual acoustic simulation system", of Fabián C. Tommasini and with multiple research projects of CINTRA.
- 2014-11-28: New version released! AVRS v0.5
- 2014-09-02: We are working on a renewed version of AVRS. More news soon...
- 2014-03-20: RSS feed for news.
- 2013-03-08: Contact information update.
- 2013-01-08: Information update.
- 2012-12-11: Information update.
- 2012-10-09: Migrating from Subversion to Mercurial as revision control system.
- 2012-09-24: Buttons for social sharing.
- 2012-09-19: Data file and configuration sample were added for download.
- 2012-09-03: Website redesigned.
- 2012-07-11: Interpolated HRTF set was added for download.
- 2012-06-16: Screenshots of configuration window were added.
- 2012-06-13: Web page launched.